View Single Post
Old 11-05-2019, 18:34   #2001
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Government & Post Election Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
The existence of the Brexit party is really muddying the waters now. It’s by no means clear that they would contest a general election, nor is it an easy matter to work out what that potential national vote share would look like constituency by constituency, as they’ve never stood for election before.

The electoral landscape is such that I think the chances of there being one before the 5-year term is up is minimal.
I think they will contest the election. I don't quite know how, assuming Brexit is delivered, but the general anti-politics, anti-establishment mood is not going anywhere anytime soon and they'll tap into that.

My best guess is come the next general election there will be something about Brexit they can run on. No Brexit yet? Obvious. Brexit Deal? Run against the Deal. No Deal? Point to every negative as a result of the 'bungling' of Brexit or just against the elites generally.