View Single Post
Old 22-04-2019, 22:40   #290
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Climate Change - record World temp. rises in Feb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
If you search for "no gauge-based evidence"(including the quotation marks), you will find several references to that original quote.
Link.
Thanks. The no-gauge-based evidence all seems to go back to the one paper which you kindly linked to.
Where does the second quote come from?

---------- Post added at 22:29 ---------- Previous post was at 22:23 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
In the end the vast majority of scientific opinion backs the idea that climate change is real and dangerous. I don't see the point in people who are not experts arguing about it for that long. If the scientific consensus starts to change then we can keep an open mind and revise our opinions but until then I am not going to dismiss expert opinion by listening to people who are not experts such as those who write articles for newspapers on the subject with no scientific background at all.
I think it's human nature to try and push back on the concept because accepting the scientific consensus makes us all responsible for the current situation. Denying it removes the guilt. As you say, the vast majority of scientific opinion backs the fact that climate change is happening and poses a danger to the planet. The economic upside can be found by the country focusing on the skills required for a carbon-neutral country.

---------- Post added at 22:40 ---------- Previous post was at 22:29 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
No, it isn't actually. The problem is that anyone who stands up to these climate bullies gets shouted down, careers threatened, etc.
It's the scientific consensus that has ended the debate not the above conspiracy theories.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote