View Single Post
Old 05-08-2018, 15:03   #5492
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

My son had his induction yesterday and things are not what we originally thought.

Right here goes.

Sunday -17:00-21:00, Thursday 17:00-21:00, Friday 17:00-21:00, Saturday 17:00-21:00 these will be his core hours.
Availability window outwith core hours-Monday 17:00-21:00, Tuesday 17:00-22:00, Wednesday 17:00-21:00 and Saturday 09:00-22:00.

Unfortunately, he got his pay wrong as the pay was for the premium rate but he is still quite happy as his pay is atm £7.62, this is slightly higher for the weekend shifts plus in November his basic pay rises to £8.42. Working out his hourly rate atm for his hours his pay is £7.87 which is still good for a 16-year-old.

He has accepted his contact and it's a Flexi contract.

As his parents, this new Flexi contract that he accepted yesterday concerned us slightly as it is our understanding they can get him in on his availability window and can discipline him as if he refused to work within his availability window, we are hoping this is not the case.

We discussed our concerns with him and being only 16 he did not realise that he could be disciplined for refusal of his availability window this is what comes across to us as it states and I quote "The company needs you to maintain the flexibility you have specified if you are consistently unable to work you flexible addition hours when you have been asked to this may be considered a breach of you contract of employment and could result in disciplinary action up to and including dismissal" and on that note we have advised him he needs day's off and when he goes in today to ask them to explain what a Flexi contract entails and if our suspicions are correct then ask if he can complete an updated availability sheet with the removal the Tuesday and Wednesday timeframe, I really hope that they understand that he has no understanding of contracts for this error and don't sack him before he has a chance to prove himself.

Does anyone think this is bad advice in him asking if he can complete an updated availability sheet any feedback will be most welcome as atm I'm a very worried Mum but not showing my concerns to my youngest?

PS our eldest thinks they will/should change this as yes it's his brother's error but at the same time they should take into account his age and his inexperience in the working environment, I really hope he is right in his views.

Last edited by weenie; 05-08-2018 at 15:19.
weenie is offline   Reply With Quote