View Single Post
Old 27-07-2018, 11:41   #337
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Linear is old tech - on demand is the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
The forthcoming launch of the BBC/ITV/CH4 streaming service is another clear indication that linear tv, or at least linear pay tv is "evolving".

There are now clear signs that linear tv, or at least linear pay tv channels may bite the dust and it may happen sooner than we all think.

What would happen if the main terrestrial broadcasters removed all their offshoot channels from Sky and VM? I think it would kill the pay tv services off.

If Disney do as they suggested last week and remove all their content from Sky, I don't see how the traditional pay tv companies can continue in their present form.
I'm not sure where this obsesession with Sky and Disney comes from , Disney sells it's content to Sky , BT , Virgin and others.