View Single Post
Old 28-06-2018, 22:05   #3314
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
You can’t hide behind my (valid) coarse description of those unelected gravy train merchants.

A treaty between the UK as a third country and the EU could indeed include Galileo, for example. It is, of course up to the EU. But they are trying to punish us for leaving their sick venture.

Why are you, presumably a Brit, trotting out their line? You might not want Brexi, but now that the democratic decision has been taken, the keast you can do is stand behind that and criticise Brussels for trying to stiff us.
I'm not hiding behind anything.
Because I don't agree with anyone doesn't mean I have to use coarse language.
Because I've done my research and understand the rules, I don't throw my toys out of the pram everytime someone in the UK makes an impossible request of the EU. We agreed to and contributed to the boundaries as recently as November 2017!
Because I'm a Brit, I've learnt to respect our hardworking civil servants whose analysis Brextremists try and swerve. They give the impression that they would probably rather trust social media sites from St Petersburgh than the Queen's civil service.
I respect British business when it patiently explains supply chains and how any kind of Brexit will negatively impact the country. I know respecting business is not popular in the world when populists like Corbyn and Trump are in positions of power but I don't apologise for it.

---------- Post added at 22:05 ---------- Previous post was at 21:59 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I actually prefer the blue text and coarse adjectives, Andrew. They are a lot more uplifting than your prophesies of doom!
I make no prophecies of doom, Old Boy. I share developments from the news, not from Narnia.