View Single Post
Old 11-04-2018, 19:51   #5233
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
@ Jo excellent advice and it is hard sitting back watching when we can so easily offer help/advise.

I'm just starting out on this journey and I will follow your advice by the letter that I promise.

When D spoke at work about this at his work the feedback was Oh you have one at home also who knows best, at the end of the day all you can do is sit back and be there when needed. Like i say its so blooming hard for both of us as his parent's.
Just to share the pain Not the first time I could have cheerfully throttled our son and certainly not the last time.

Pete was due to start work and had fudged the fact that although he could 'drive' he hadn't actually passed his test. John and I had been teaching him and did feel he was ready but we were furious he hadn't thought through what could result if his employer thought he had a full licence. With only days to spare he managed to get a last minute cancellation test and the night before the test, the Thursday before he was to to start work on the Monday he decided, against my better judgement, that he wanted to have a final test drive.

We got as far as half way off our drive when he managed to catch the passenger side door trim on our gate, The trim was almost ripped off the car and the paintwork badly scratched. At 9pm on a cold dark winter's night John, Pete and I tried to make the damage less obvious. 10am the next day Pete took his test and passed. YAY.

He started work and on the first day he was asked to deliver and install a computer to one of the Directors. As the normal driver was on leave he was asked if he minded going on his own, He had never driven on a motor way, never driven a van and after the darling boy phoned me to let me know he could be late getting home I have never been so scared. I put the stress of his starting his first full time job as the reason I went prematurely grey.