View Single Post
Old 08-03-2018, 07:54   #266
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Linear is old tech - on demand is the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
Possibly they are doing this to try to keep the monthly charge as low as possible. Which rather than being unwelcome is the opposite if they want people to subscribe
Undoubtedly, but will the strategy work? They may gain customers due to the lower price but they will lose those who don't want to sit through commercials. They would certainly lose my custom if any streaming service I subscribed to decided to add compulsory advertisements.

I remain of the view that there should be a subscription option with no ads and a non-subscription (or low subscription) option with ads. That should draw in most people with interest in the service and produce bigger revenues.