View Single Post
Old 01-03-2018, 20:02   #2242
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: Brexit discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
The document to which you're referring is basically a summary of the first stage discussions in December in which the UK and the EU agreed there would be no hard border on the island of Ireland. To renege on this promise as BoJo seemed to suggest is not a good negotiating position.

---------- Post added at 19:36 ---------- Previous post was at 19:29 ----------

You're of course correct.

So the sequence of events could be this:
1) UK's cake-and-eat-it trade request with the EU is rejected.
2) GB has a hard Brexit and NI remains in single market and customs union
3) DUP withdraws its support due to the hard border between GB and NI.
4) Corbyn wins election with promise to take all of UK back into EU.
And just ignore a Democratic result?

I think you are conveniently forgetting, a lot Labour heartlands are Brexiteers. You think they would vote for a party that would just ignore democracy like that?

I don’t think so, there will be riots and I would riot with them. When will you let it sink in, you cannot just hold a large democratic process and just ignore it?

Bottom line is, 3 and 4 are a stretch of your Remainer imagination, working on too much hope where there is none, as we are leaving.