View Single Post
Old 04-02-2018, 17:13   #1915
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
But not for you, seeing as you keep going on about this very inaccurate leaked document, made up by biased Remainers in the treasury in a failed and weak attempt to thwart Brexit,

Get it in to your head, we are leaving the EU, as we democratically elected to do so!
Firstly, your stuff about leaving the EU - wasted words as that is not in dispute.

And your point about the document - wrong.

"Cross Whitehall Briefing"
1) It's not about them being angry.
2) It's not just from the Treasury, it's from across multiple departments.

I think you owe our hardworking civil servants an apology for talking them down all the time. Do you honestly think that all civil servants who are are Remainers magicked their way onto the project and manipulated it? I know you can do far better than this.

---------- Post added at 17:13 ---------- Previous post was at 17:10 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
Agreed Mick, and I wonder why everyone is so keen on doing studies/analysis/reports on what *may* go wrong instead of doing the same things to discover how to take advantage of the Brexit situation . . . or maybe they are but daren't leak them?
The analysis showed that taking advantage of Brexit would add 0.2%-0.4% to GDP. Compared to a 2%-8% disadvantage from it.