View Single Post
Old 31-12-2017, 16:33   #977
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Government & Post Election Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
I'm quite happy to criticise the current administration and I think Hammond would be a liability running a cake stand in a church bazaar let alone the treasury. That some think that Corbyn's rabble could do a better job just defies belief.

But I'm sure those supporters will be quite able to pay their mortgages with a 10% bank rate rather than the current 0.5%
What he said.

But let's continue to pretend that you said the Tories are perfect and have never done anything wrong or made any mistakes because that gets us out of a hole having to deny Corbyn's cronies are anything other than nasty, inept Marxists who'd ruin the UK just like they did in the 1970s.

---------- Post added at 16:29 ---------- Previous post was at 16:28 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
That's the latest election you have linked to. I was referring to 2010, when Labour appeared not to have a clue as to how to deal with the state of the economy.

I accept that they are saying differently now, but the economy is in rather better shape now than it was in 2010. Had Labour succeeded in getting a further crack at governing the country then, the economy would be in a parlous state, people would be poorer and the NHS would be teetering on the brink of collapse. Another IMF bailout would have been highly likely, with much worse austerity than the coalition or the present government have imposed.
Some of us knew what you meant.

Ask them about Labour's U turns and they shut up...

---------- Post added at 16:33 ---------- Previous post was at 16:29 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
It was Labour who said it would be 'reckless' to spend more money on the NHS.

That doesn't detract from the fact that they would waste money on all the wrong things and bankrupt the economy if they returned to power.
Unsurprisingly, they've forgotten that as quickly as they forgot his cynical duplicitous pledge to pay off student debts and all the other pre-election lies not to mention their utter lack of a credible policy on the EU. Mind you we can conflate all that with saying the Tories are perfect can't we...

Last edited by Osem; 31-12-2017 at 16:51.