View Single Post
Old 13-12-2017, 08:20   #3629
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I'm taking it you mean package changes
https://www.uswitch.com/broadband/ne...s_tv_packages/
I was reading more about the new packages on Sky's website. Those who are used to getting retention deals are in for a shock. The FAQ section suggests existing discounts on TV packages, outwith deals for Sky Sports and Sky Movies, will not be carried forward when you get moved over to the same equivalent package in 2018. They days of 50% off and 75% off retention deals appear to be over.

If that's the case my package, once I've tinkered a little, will cost me £10.00 more. Not the end of the world. It's not worth me cancelling. They have played a shrewd game. My wife and I have our mobiles with Sky. Calls and text are "free" as long as you are a TV subscriber. Cancel your TV and your mobile bill goes up by £10 to cover the cost of the calls and texts. I'm £10 worse off if I stay, £20 worse off if I leave.

It was good while it lasted.