View Single Post
Old 15-11-2017, 19:59   #3844
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I never did say that, Den, and I have reminded you of that more than once.

I said that:

Quote:
1. The number of traditional linear channels would start to decline from about 5 years' time;
That is a fair change from what your original answer was.

Quote:
2. The number of traditional linear channels existing in 20 years' time will be very small or non existent, due to the massively increased use of OTT services, which were easier and more convenient to use.
Quite a big statement and one that is very unlikely to come true.

Quote:
That was about a year ago, so you can take a year off the 5 years and 20 years predictions.
Like a politician your answer seems to change from day to day.

Quote:
As it happens, I may have been too pessimistic about the speed of change. Two traditional linear channels have already taken the decision to go on demand only (BBC3 and ITV Encore) so things have started moving in that direction four years earlier than I thought at the time.
Both channels always had small audiences and like channels before new ones launch and a few disappear as that has happened in the history of modern TV if you care to search and look.

Quote:
The posts on here clearly demonstrate a strong trend, both in the US and the UK (as well as Europe) towards OTT services, and yet you continue to bury your head in the sand and tell us this will never happen.
The trend that will lead to the streaming giants winning all the major UK football and sporting rights then?.

Quote:
I am still waiting for your explanation as to why you do not agree with this prediction, particularly when the TV industry seems to have come around to this point of view also, and the evidence is building up month by month.

If you are able to provide me with an up to date link that supports your view on this matter, I would be very interested to read it
l have answered this one before but you have chosen to ignore viewpoints that don't suit your own views.