View Single Post
Old 21-09-2017, 11:39   #156
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
Here's a piece from Iain Martin, a journalist who certainly supports Brexit but who, like Dominic Cummings, is alarmed by the way the Government is going about implementing it.

Paywalled.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/t...bf4cc0cc72404c

Other than politicians engaging in demagoguery, the odd journalist, and random people online who seem to take criticism of the process personally and the words of people like Nigel Farage as gospel, I'm not aware of anyone who thinks the UK leaving the EU abruptly in 2019 without any kind of transitional arrangements and going straight to WTO is a good idea.
That includes the Government and the EU itself, which is why there will be a deal that includes a transitional period of about 2 years, during which we will continue making contributions to the EU.

Incidentally, you asked also about the type of Government I envisaged once we leave the EU. I found that surprising, as surely this will be determined by the voters at General Elections.

However, I do think that a Conservative Government under strong leadership would be best placed to make a success of Brexit. I am beginning to have doubts about whether Theresa May is up to it, given everything that's happened, but I think she deserves a chance to redeem herself after that disastrous election campaign.