View Single Post
Old 17-09-2017, 11:27   #2157
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Former Presidents get a private pension but they also have a expenses reimbursement scheme and Obama is or has requested over a million dollars in expenses for 2018.

https://www.inquisitr.com/4472253/ba...g-1-1-million/

So if we want to talk about money grabbers. I'm happy to provide a bigger picture of who else is lining their pockets and using their high profile reputation, to make money with.
I don't think there is anything wrong with Trump claiming the standard amount of costs a President has. That article doesn't seem to suggest that Obama's expenses are that out of line with what comes with being a former President. They do appear to be expenses rather than him claiming $1 million.

Trump will get an office, Presidental library, pension and security protection as well. Any criticism of Trump/Obama should be directed at non-standard stuff.

---------- Post added at 11:27 ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
I'm genuinely curious, but I wonder if other Presidents did the same during a natural disaster, when they were in office?
It's not part of the job and nor should it be. Credit to him for doing it but it's not a measure or the job of a President. The Government should be the ones providing funding for natural disasters because they can deal with the scale of funding required, such as the $8 billion congress passed.

As for other Presidents we don't usually know until they've left office and it's generally only shown on tax returns. Obama's donations seem to have mostly been directed a children's charities: https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalex.../#49db5714459e. He also seems to have been helping his Joe Biden as he struggled with his finances over the cancer treated for his son.