View Single Post
Old 22-08-2017, 22:15   #2295
jj20x

Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
From what I've read, That's TV seem to survive my simulcasting Talking Pictures with a short local news bulletin repeated throughout the day.

On one occasion, it was reported that they had Mondays news on a Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday! On the Thursday, Norwich viewers were given the news from York!!

I guess one positive thing is that (depending on the Freeview tx arrangements in the Norwich area), some people may now be able to receive Talking Pictures if they can't receive the temporary HD muxes.
I think Norwich is still taking the original service. I believe that the new Scarborough service has been getting the news from That's York. They renamed That's Scarborough to That's North Yorkshire at launch. Indicating that they possibly plan to merge the areas. So much for "local".

The temp HD muxes serving Norwich from Tacolneston should have better coverage than the local mux.

---------- Post added at 22:15 ---------- Previous post was at 22:12 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguero9320 View Post
MTV Beats would probably be linked to Viacom18.

We may even get Colors HD, Rishtey Cineplex and News 18 as part of the deal too.
It is linked to Viacom18 but Viacom may be negotiating on their behalf.

I would have expected Colors HD & Rishtey Cineplex to have been added at the same time if they were included in the deal. One to watch.