View Single Post
Old 22-08-2017, 17:02   #2288
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
Sky Atlantic, That ITV channel we don't have, Fox news and every remaining channel which is on sky which we don't have, Oh and AMC and a virgin media exclusive HBO channel. Also all the american channels like NBC, FOX, CBS etc so we can watch american tv live

I imagine its all these channels and they're launching within the hour.

Am i close?
None of these, sadly.

---------- Post added at 17:02 ---------- Previous post was at 16:50 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l grasp fully what you are saying OB but your stance is full of contradictions based on your constant portrayal that Linear TV is dying and that you have many other ways to access good streaming content so what is the problem as others don't seem to moan about that situation as you know as well as l know that Amazon and Now TV are not coming to Virgin anytime soon.
Er, when did I say that linear TV (from which I take it we are referring to the traditional broadcast channels) are dying? And what has that to do with my post about Amazon not appearing on the V6? You keep saying that there are many ways to access Amazon, and of course you are correct in saying that. In fact I have three ways of accessing it right now. However, none of these methods allow me to bookmark Amazon content in 'My Shows' on the V6. That, and that alone, is my point.

There is no contradiction in my message, Den, but you do seem to be confusing completely what I have said.

Just for the record, I have said that the future of TV is on demand/streaming services, which is supported by many people in the industry. For now, the conventional channels are thriving, but this will not last. My view that linear channels will die off is based on what I believe will have happened by about 2036. So not to worry, we're not there yet and you can rest easy! [/QUOTE]