View Single Post
Old 15-08-2017, 22:30   #82
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: US: Violent clashes Charlottesville

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40943425
Quote:
But at the bad-tempered press conference at Trump Tower on Tuesday, Mr Trump said that those defending the statue had also included "many fine people".

He asked whether statues of former presidents George Washington and Thomas Jefferson should also be torn down, because they had been slave-owners.

Mr Trump's remarks were welcomed by David Duke, a former leader of the Ku Klux Klan, who tweeted: "Thank you President Trump for your honesty & courage to tell the truth about #Charlottesville & condemn the leftist terrorists in BLM/Antifa."
Those "many fine people" were marching with actual Nazis.

Thomas Jefferson and George Washington weren't traitors to the United States, and didn't lead an army whose main reason was to support States who wanted to keep people as property.

Why do some people think statues commemorating those who killed fellow Americans so that others could own human beings are worth preserving?

Full transcript of the statement

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...nscript-241662

This seems an unusual thing to say...
Quote:
REPORTER: Senator McCain said that the alt-right is behind these attacks, and he linked that same group to those that perpetrated the attack in Charlottesville.

TRUMP: Well, I don't know. I can't tell you. I'm sure Senator McCain must know what he is talking about, but when you say the alt-right, define alt-right to me. You define it. Go ahead. Define it for me, come on, let's go.

REPORTER: Senator McCain defined them as the same group.

TRUMP: Okay, what about the alt-left that came charging at us – excuse me – what about the alt-left that came charging at the, as you say, the alt right? Do they have any semblance of guilt?

REPORTERS YELL INDISTINCTLY

TRUMP: What about this? What about the fact that they came charging – they came charging with clubs in their hands swinging clubs? Do they have any problem? I think they do.
Us?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 15-08-2017 at 22:54.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote