View Single Post
Old 06-08-2017, 20:49   #2023
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
I agree they shouldn't have published the photos but their reporting record is very good. We need more news organisations like the NYTimes as opposed to the alternative media we seem to get now. People who research and break stories.
Spot on. We need more organisations with robust finances like The New York Times that hold presidents of all parties to account rather than poorly-resourced click bait titles or overtly biased media like the Washington Examiner, RT and Fox News that prefer to peddle a line at the expense of journalistic values.
My worry is how pretty objective titles like the New York Times can thrive in the future as the world gets more partisan and people just want to hear echo chambers of their political party confirming their views and prejudices.
We're fortunate in the UK to have authoritative titles like The Times, The Telegraph, The Financial Times and The Guardian that although have their own editorial viewpoints, have the resources and integrity to investigate matters. We also have strong regulations on the impartiality of TV news reporting. I don't think they stopped the BBC from being more like the Brexit Broadcasting Corporation in Spring/Summer 2016 but they are a good idea.