View Single Post
Old 06-07-2017, 17:34   #351
richard1960

Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.
Re: Huge fire at West London tower block

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kursk View Post
Could any Council have truly been prepared to cope with such a tragedy?
In a word no.! But .

The tenants have said they were ignored by the council when complaining to the council about the fire risk which tragically proved to be true, the council even sent a solicitors letter when the tenants action group started a blog , which was only started as the tenants could not get legal aid to take their landlord to court. Over their fire risk warnings.

The landlord constantly ignored tenants warnings.

And even the leaders did not have the good grace to resign right away , they waited until downing street criticised them.

Failing arrogant council yes.

---------- Post added at 17:34 ---------- Previous post was at 17:25 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
To a point they have been told by rabble rousers that the whole thing will be a whitewash and that it's more then just a tragic accident so not surprising they are pushing for information and many will still be trying to piece things together again not exactly the mindset for rational thought let alone those poor souls that lost family and friends. This needs to stop being used by certain groups and allow the residents to recover and come to terms with it best they can and for a proper unrushed investigation that can give as many facts as is possible given the scale of it.

I'm not really sure we will ever get a complete number for those who died as the fire burnt hot enough to incinerate a lot. I am pretty sure the council has a lot to answer for and if that's the case then somebody needs to go to prison. That said this council seems to be indicative of a general standard with councils across the nation with many being little more then council tax collectors and no interest or motivation to actually serve their communities.

We always hope something good can come out of things like this and i really hope it does these people seem to have been sidelined and ignored by the council for years and while I don't agree with some of the demands being made they have a voice and it deserves to be heard and should be.
The Hillsborugh victims families spent years and years getting justice and they did after the first enquirey whitewash was eventually overruled , is it any wonder they see that and think will we get justice quite rightly.

Your right they may never get the true number of victims most will most likely have evaporated due to the heat.

I agree with you on councils in general most members I have seen are lacklustre in our local council tried to contact one once to take up a case despite may attempts never did, most are little better then government revenue collectors with no motivation to do right by their communities well sadly it seems so.

Can only hope for a through enquirey with people at the top held to account,the victims and their families must keep pushing to get justice in Grenfell.