View Single Post
Old 02-07-2017, 23:56   #2111
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
I was listening to a financial expert explain exactly WHY the predictions are so negative. He didn't say whether he was pro eu or anti, but I would argue that whether he is pro or anti is almost irrelevant as I suspect he was telling the truth.
Do you know why the predictions are so negative? Simple. The government is releasing almost nothing about their plans (apart from the odd soundbite and repeating the frankly meaningless phrase "Brexit Means Brexit"). As such, in the absence of any actual hard info, the experts have to go for a worst-case scenario, to ensure their clients are ready. In short "Expect the worst, hope for the best".
Plan for the worst, hope things won't be as bad is the approach many businesses are taking.
Interesting to see some busineses are trying to help salvage matters, knowing that the Government's approach (as Stuart has noted) is less than optimum.
Quote:
A City of London delegation will head to Brussels this week with a secret blueprint for a post-Brexit free-trade deal on financial services, as concern mounts about the damage facing employers if they are forced to move operations to the continent.
The initiative, led by Mark Hoban, the former City minister, is independent of government but has the unofficial support of senior figures in Whitehall, according to three people close to the project.
https://www.ft.com/content/558b82dc-...7-502f7ee26895