View Single Post
Old 22-06-2017, 20:34   #1996
RizzyKing

Re: Unstoppable migration?

If we are short of construction workers it's likely a good percentage of the shortage are UK citizens who have left the building trade because of constant undercutting from firms with high levels of migrant workers. In my own family two have swapped their building careers for other trades as they got fed up of having to compete against the foreign workers. More foreign workers isn't the answer in the construction industry and will only serve to create a larger issue when they all leave in the future. Apart from the usual knuckle dragger groups i haven't heard a single person talking about shutting our borders and not allowing anyone in that's absolutely stupid we of course need skilled people coming in to fill shortages granted I'd prefer it to run alongside proper effective training schemes to train our own citizens to do the jobs but you can't have everything in life.

We have allowed ridiculous levels of immigration into the UK in the last 20 years numbers we won't be able to adequately support for decades and we have to get the figures back to a semblence of reality ideally without another labour government to run another social experiment and i think they got off light over that whole incident.