View Single Post
Old 05-06-2017, 14:15   #74
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: 7 Dead and 48 Injured in London Bridge Terror Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
If you mean "clamp down" is to deny citizens the ability to enjoy the hard won freedoms of this pluralist society that you are 100% correct. However, if you mean the Government should not attempt to prevent Immans, Preachers, Activists, etc. whose goal is to pervert the minds of the young & impressionable then I would disagree with you.
I believe it's clear from the context of his post he means the former. We obviously need to clamp down on radicalisation and extremism but we should perverse our own freedoms whilst doing so, i.e I don't think we should ban end-to-end encryption or force companies to build a 'back door' in.

He is certainly right we should not give the terrorists the war they want. They broadly want to provoke a clash of civilizations and turn this into the West vs them. There are of course some Britain First types who want such a war as well.

I'm not sure what the answer is ultimately but for all the tough talk from some I don't think I am alone in that. It's also a problem elsewhere. After all there have been far-right attacks that seem to have, in part, been inspired from the Internet as well.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote