View Single Post
Old 05-06-2017, 11:57   #72
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
Re: 7 Dead and 48 Injured in London Bridge Terror Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetiepooh View Post
Just reading some of the replies here seems to indicate that the terror tactics are working.

(I want to try to keep this fairly neutral as it can apply to any group.)

We should never give up our freedoms that have been fought for and over for so long. Neither should we join those hate filled people in their hate. The more we try to "clamp down" the more ammunition we give to them on how our country suppresses their "rights" and "freedoms" and how "ordinary people" need to rise up and help.

And then how do you know that "your group" won't get "targetted" because of some similarity makes you "the same" and "just in case".

I've mentioned before that a Muslim will see any attack against another Muslim by non-Muslims as an attack on all Muslims and will put aside many differences to join in defending/attacking. So it may not be as easy as simply identifying radical teachers, it is something more central to the culture than that.

From a Christian point of view we need to "love our enemies". Now that is not to say we do not punish those guilty of crime but we leave that to the courts. At an individual level though we don't need to take on that burden of hate and revenge.
I think that you need to clarify what you specifically mean by "clamp down" and "attack". Your post is too ambiguous to apply to any specific context.

If you mean "clamp down" is to deny citizens the ability to enjoy the hard won freedoms of this pluralist society that you are 100% correct. However, if you mean the Government should not attempt to prevent Immans, Preachers, Activists, etc. whose goal is to pervert the minds of the young & impressionable then I would disagree with you.

There is a fine but important line to be drawn between reactions that punish the Muslim community as a whole where the vast majority abhor this behaviour and those actions that are targeted at the radicals.

We need total clarity on who the Government is targeting. This message should be writ large and clear in the media and leaders of the Muslim community should be active participants and more importantly should be seen to be active participants.