View Single Post
Old 18-05-2017, 08:48   #1441
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

The Deputy Attorney General has appointed a 'special counsel' to oversee the Russian investigation.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/rober...es_bsq_related

Quote:
The United States Department of Justice has announced that a special counsel has been appointed to investigate Russian interference into last year's presidential election and links or coordination with the campaign of President Donald Trump.
Trump and the White House were only told 30 minutes before the announcement but didn't react badly apparently. I think they must have known this was coming at some point.

I think it's a better outcome for Trump really. I suspect that for him this was end up being a Clinton-level e-mail scandal. That there is evidence of poor behavior but nothing illegal. Maybe some of his advisers might be in trouble (Flynn etc). But Trump was heading for serious trouble just because he seems to put his foot in it. Any investigation he has power over was bound to cause trouble. As it's independent he can't do that and it also avoids questioning for now because all sides can just say 'it's being investigated'.

Flynn though might be trouble: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/poli...151149702.html

Quote:
One of the Trump administration’s first decisions about the fight against the Islamic State was made by Michael Flynn weeks before he was fired – and it conformed to the wishes of Turkey, whose interests, unbeknownst to anyone in Washington, he’d been paid more than $500,000 to represent.
He seems to have made a decision about the United States foreign policy that helped Turkey who was paying him! :O