View Single Post
Old 11-05-2017, 13:33   #474
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: June 8th General Election

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
All essential utility services are software controlled these days. It just doesn't sit right with me that some parts of these services in the UK have foreign ownership.

Not only that, but I don't think essential services; electricity, water, transport etc. should be run for profit.

Granted, in the past, publicly owned services appear to have been run badly. But it can't be above the wit of man to run publicly owned essential services as efficiently as the privately run businesses.

Apparently, public ownership of essential public services (and only those) is a popular policy, even with 'anti-Marxist people like me
It clearly isn't beyond the wit of man but maybe it's beyond the wit of our politicians and their dogma.

It's much easier to be positive about things when you're not being subjected to them and/or haven't experienced them. Nationalise rail and it wouldn't be too long before people started complaining about that for one reason or another. That's always the way.

Yes it ought to be possible to run things far better taking the best of what public ownership could offer with the best of what private sector involvement brings. It just never seems to happen that way sadly.