View Single Post
Old 06-04-2017, 20:26   #1107
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
My friends would disagree, Obama lied about being able to keep your own doctor. Many Americans have been forced to change doctors. It is a totally dire system that is getting more and more expensive. That's more households with huge increases per month, some families having to find $900+ extra per month. I'm just relaying what my American pals are telling me. They say in America profit is put first before patient welfare and it's been this way for a long time.
I am sure they would and there are clearly problems with Obamacare. I am glad we don't live in a system that puts profit so central to the goal of providing healthcare. The bills are outrageous and even with insurance that fact you have to deal with paper work, insurance claims and so on whilst dealing with illness is inhumane.

I think though Obamacare is a step towards a better system. More people have coverage and you can get it for pre-existing conditions. They need to do more to bring down the cost but I can't see the Republicans allowing more state funding or more intervention on the healthcare 'market'. The Freedom Caucus wanted everything cut drastically for example.

If we take Trump's desire to ensure 'everyone' has healthcare but cheaper then he has the wrong congress.

Quote:
Looks like the Republicans have gone Nuclear and changed the rules to get Trump's Supreme Court pick confirmed by Friday.

[url]http://news.sky.com/story/republicans-use-nuclear-option-to-clear-way-for-confirmation-of-trump-supreme-court-pick-10827658
Got to wonder where this will end. The Republicans were wrong to refuse Obama's pick even a hearing in over a year, the Democrats are wrong to respond by refusing to vote to confirm Trump's nominee in revenge, the Republicans are wrong to get rid of a tactic they've been more than happy to use is response. The cycle will ever end.

---------- Post added at 20:26 ---------- Previous post was at 20:02 ----------

Wow. Looks like Trump's foreign policy has now changed to action in Syria to remove Assad. Waiting for a proper news story.