View Single Post
Old 23-03-2017, 15:59   #71
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Terrorist Attack Near Parliament, London

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye View Post
The emergency services and those civilians unfortunate enough to be caught up in yesterdays events who helped their fellow humans inside a danger zone yesterday have rightly been praised but I'd like to praise my fellow Londoners as well.

This morning around 16 hours after yesterdays tragic events I was working in a street called Strutton Ground, this is approximately 200-300 yards from Parliament Square, with the exception of the police helicopter that was still circling the crime scene Strutton Ground was its normal bustling rush hour self with people of all faiths and nationalities going about their normal business.

It brought home to me how pointless yesterdays tragic loss of life was, but reaffirmed the faith I have in the vast majority of those I share this great city with.
Yes. It was the same during the IRA campaign and I'm sure during WWII although I'm not quite old enough to remember that. It wasn't just London either - neither terrorists nor wartime enemies have stopped the British getting on with their lives wherever they took their terror.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote