View Single Post
Old 10-03-2017, 10:02   #482
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
I heard Patrick Minford some time ago on the Daily Politics putting forwaed his analysis. As far as I'm concerned, he's just another economist with another view. Brexit showed us how much we should trust Economists.

So you're now trying a new scare tactic; if you have free trade you have to accept more immigration. Do you remainers ever stop? You seem to think Britain will be so weak after we finally leave the EU that we will be over a barrel as far as trade deals go and agree to anything. I completely disagree.

Britain's immigration policy should be controlled immigration; i.e. people coming to our country to fulfil a specific job or skill need. Not an immigration quota tied to a trade deal. The latter would defeat one of the main tenants of Brexit.
No one's scaring anyone unless people are easily scared. Read the article - there's a debate going on in the Brexit camp on free trade v protectionism. It's an important debate to have. To read the article, google Brexit campaigners shift focus to global free trade