View Single Post
Old 05-03-2017, 10:52   #643
nidave
Inactive

nidave is on a distinguished roadnidave is on a distinguished road
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Well yes, I remember him saying that now so yes you are right, and I do actually agree with that stance.

---------- Post added at 21:40 ---------- Previous post was at 21:37 ----------

Personal email account use is/was allowed under Indiana law so I doubt it.
You are right however they are required to keep a copy on the government servers

Quote:
Indiana law requires all records dealing with state business to be retained and available for public information requests. Emails exchanged on state accounts are captured on state servers, which can be searched in response to such requests. But any emails Pence sent from his AOL account to another private account likely would have been hidden from public record searches unless he took steps to make them available.
Indiana Public Access Counselor Luke Britt, who was appointed by Pence in 2013, said he advises state officials to copy or forward their emails involving state business to their government accounts to ensure the record is preserved on state servers.
But there is no indication that Pence took any such steps to preserve his AOL emails until he was leaving the governor's office.
When public officials fail to retain their private-account emails pertaining to public business, "they're running the risk of violating the law,” Britt said. “A good steward of those messages and best practice is going to dictate they preserve those."
All of the emails provided to IndyStar, part of the USA TODAY Network, were ones captured on state servers.
The emails were obtained after a series of public records requests that the Pence administration did not fulfill for nearly four months before Pence left office.
The administration of Pence’s successor, Gov. Eric Holcomb, released 29 pages of emails late this past week. But it withheld others, saying they are deliberative or advisory, confidential under rules adopted by the Indiana Supreme Court or the work product of an attorney.
https://arstechnica.co.uk/security/2...it-got-hacked/