View Single Post
Old 02-03-2017, 18:07   #341
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: BREXIT

Personally, I think our Prime Ministers get too close to the subject, with all the sumitry that goes on. Modern EU heads of government are almost friends and colleagues. It is hardly surprising that they should all form the view that they are better off sticking together. Add to that the fact that it will undoubtedly be very tricky to unpick the web of treaties we have become entangled in and it is not hard to see why even a eurosceptic prime minister would decide it is best left alone - simply a fight not worth picking.

My principal reason for voting leave, however, was precisely because untangling ourselves has become so difficult and in not many more years it might have become truly impossible. All member states of the EU have de facto surrendered a degree of their sovereignty. That, to me, is not acceptable.

Anyway, the point is now moot. We're leaving. Art.50 will be invoked not more than 28 days from now.