View Single Post
Old 02-03-2017, 17:33   #625
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Richard, you couldn't possibly expect us to comment on this because you haven't given us details of your complaint. We have to accept your version of events, and I have to say that when I look at your previous posts, you do seem to be a serial complainer. No offence! The fact that a solicitor's letter got VM to back down does not prove they were wrong, just that it was more trouble than it was worth (£10) to get this resolved.

If a contract is what VM's solicitors have advised to prevent having to give into low value claims, then I'm not surprised to learn that this is now what they are doing. As a businessman yourself, does this not make sense?

For those who are tempted to go down Richard's path, don't think for one moment that Virgin don't know who you are, and don't expect them to do you any favours!

Just sayin'...

---------- Post added at 17:20 ---------- Previous post was at 17:11 ----------

You are a very good contributor to this forum, theone, and we are all grateful to you for the nuggets of advice you provide!

I know that you, personally, have issues with VM because of certain past events, but nevertheless, they are a key player and better than most (sorry, my personal opinion slipped in there!).

However, what I would say is that you do go to extreme lengths to get the material you want to see, and most of us are not prepared to expend that effort into what, ultimately, is a (debatable) unlawful means of accessing programmes.

I, for one, have experimented with Kodi, but I find the only worthwhile material is via a vpn, so I'm out!
But aren't you championing that linear tv will soon be dead?
Yes i do have questionable means of obtaining tv but i still have a sub in bt tv (will be gone 14th this month due to price rises) and sky £39.50pm for the lot plus multiscreen, some shows however i have no choice but to torrent/kodi/us tv login (which i pay for it's from a friend in the US) if i wish to watch them as no uk network has picked them up salem being a prime example.
If you don't know what you're doing regarding streaming services then it will never be for you, everyone has their own prefered ways of watching tv many via traditional linear means and many via streaming/on demand services.
Stick with what you're comftable with is my advice if it aint broke then don't fix it.
VM do indeed have a excellent choice in tv and plenty of content and they are showing intent by investing in content too sadly their owners are a bunch of clowns (this is only my opinion though).
Also in my post to Richard i never mentioned any grey area means of getting tv, tvplayer must be legit and have agreements in place with the networks as if not it'd be suffering the same battle catchuptv is wouldn't it?

Last edited by theone2k10; 02-03-2017 at 17:37.