View Single Post
Old 02-03-2017, 17:20   #624
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I agree. They tried to overcharge me by £10, instead of just crediting it like I expected, they refused! It took a solicitors letter to get it sorted out, but what about those who don't get free legal advice?

For most people it wouldn't be cost effective to challenge it, but LG obviouslyy think it's worth losing a customer for the sake of a tenner.

This is probably why they now tie customers into a contract everyime they sneeze!

Edit: My solicitor mentioned some sort of regulator if his letter didn't work. Does anybody know their details, as this may help others?

During my efforts to resolve this informally, a manager said that if the regulator became involved, my account would frozen and nothing could be changed. He was being mildly aggressive at this stage, so this could be nonsense designed to put me off from seeking resolution from a third party.
Richard, you couldn't possibly expect us to comment on this because you haven't given us details of your complaint. We have to accept your version of events, and I have to say that when I look at your previous posts, you do seem to be a serial complainer. No offence! The fact that a solicitor's letter got VM to back down does not prove they were wrong, just that it was more trouble than it was worth (£10) to get this resolved.

If a contract is what VM's solicitors have advised to prevent having to give into low value claims, then I'm not surprised to learn that this is now what they are doing. As a businessman yourself, does this not make sense?

For those who are tempted to go down Richard's path, don't think for one moment that Virgin don't know who you are, and don't expect them to do you any favours!

Just sayin'...

---------- Post added at 17:20 ---------- Previous post was at 17:11 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
All i'm going to say is there are now far better options than vm and faster broadband than vm too, not in all areas yet but one company i'm keeping a eye on is hyperoptic they seem decent priced and offer upto 1gbs speeds from what i've read 99% of those on 1gbs get 1gbs or just over. vm offer 200mbs however that'll be 2mbs if you're lucky.
TV wise again plenty of option the one who is making big waves as of late is tvplayer which offers a superb package for £4.99pm this includes discovery, history, eurosport, w, alibi and many more.
Imo vm and others need to think about how they treat customers because it's the customers that keep a company floating and what floats can easily sink.
You are a very good contributor to this forum, theone, and we are all grateful to you for the nuggets of advice you provide!

I know that you, personally, have issues with VM because of certain past events, but nevertheless, they are a key player and better than most (sorry, my personal opinion slipped in there!).

However, what I would say is that you do go to extreme lengths to get the material you want to see, and most of us are not prepared to expend that effort into what, ultimately, is a (debatable) unlawful means of accessing programmes.

I, for one, have experimented with Kodi, but I find the only worthwhile material is via a vpn, so I'm out!