View Single Post
Old 01-03-2017, 12:16   #595
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Well, it does, actually, SM. Just not the latest incarnations of them, and I think it's the same for Sky. I repeat, catch up services were on TV before the internet versions arrived.

There is a clear choice here. The full version with unskippable commercials, and the version that has less content but no ads interrupting the programmes.

Both versions have their attractions. Personally, I prefer the version that is not peppered with advertisements. Incidentally, it was not Virgin Media who named them, it was the TV companies!
No, it doesn't, actually, OB.

The apps are specific services with their own user interface and a full range of content, available on lots of devices including Smart TVs, set top boxes, games consoles, phones and tablets etc. BBC iPlayer on VM is one of these.

ITV Hub, All 4 and Channel 5 on VM are nothing more than the standard 7 days of Catch Up included in VM's own system. That is not the same.

Completely different things, that have some content in common, not different versions of the same thing!