View Single Post
Old 18-02-2017, 12:36   #507
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Why are you worrying about new channels OB as your consistent stance has been that most of them will disappear in time as in your knowledgeable opinion streaming becomes the be all and end all of our watching.
Den. You do understand that the views I have expressed on streaming relate to 20 years hence, don't you (although we are already starting to see the changes in viewing habits that will lead to this - in my humble opinion!).

For the here and now, content is available either free or in existing subscriptions that you cannot yet pick up through streaming, at least free of additional charges. So why would I wish to deny myself that content on the basis of what I think may happen years from now? Don't you think that would be daft?

As for Colours TV, I raised it because that is yet another example of Virgin missing out. I don't watch that channel myself, but others do, and if we are viewed as second best to our competitors, this will mean fewer subscribers and less investment for our services.

Unless, of course, Virgin add substantial new exclusive content to our on demand services. They've made a start on that but they need to go much further and make this content more visible, too.