View Single Post
Old 04-02-2017, 11:40   #11899
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Delicious smell of slow cooking steak-in-ale pie filling drifting round the house. Needs another 3-4 hours to make the meat meltingly tender.

Enough for six #2 size pies. Two for tonight and the rest go in the freezer in their ceramic dishes for another time. I keep the frozen puff pastry separately and unite them after defrosting.
Lovely. I like to add loads of very small onions, whole, when I'm making a nice steak pie/casserole. Have you tried a pressure cooker for the meat? We have a low pressure version which isn't quite so daunting but works really well and easily cuts cooking times in half. I know that means the house isn't filled with the aroma for as long however...

---------- Post added at 11:40 ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Completed the big general knowledge crossword in my red-top without using any reference materials.
Must be a sign of age I'm well into codeword puzzles and the non cryptic crosswords these days.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote