View Single Post
Old 28-01-2017, 12:19   #2746
scollie
cf.member

scollie is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Hello All.
Just ordered a V6 for my living room, lady i spoke to said i will have to pay an Extra £7-50 a month as BenMcr confirmed but when i asked her if ill get an email confirming date of install she wasn't sure, also i asked her to let engineer know i want to move original tivo to bedroom.hope this will happen & not be a problem. install is 1st March.
I had my V6 installed 2 weeks ago. I had a disconnected 500gb Tivo in the bedroom (I'd had it disconnected when multi-room streaming wasn't allowed for most channels) and I asked for it to be removed and my 1TB Tivo moved from the living room to the bedroom which I was told would be done.
However when the installer turned up it wasn't on his work order and he insisted that he was going to take my 1 TB Tivo away saying that he would be charged for it if he didn't take it back. He said he couldn't swap the 1TB and 500GB boxes and take the 500GB box.

I got onto customer services and they then talked to the installer and got him to swap the boxes and take the 500GB box back which he did but he only connected the 1TB box and didn't check that it was working as it wasn't on his work order and he didn't have time - he had already been here over an hour. There was a problem with the Tivo not connecting which resulted in another engineer having to come to fix it!

Hopefully you won't have similar experience.
scollie is offline   Reply With Quote