Old 25-01-2017, 09:12   #102
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age
Re: Please document any V6 issues here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
VM recommend the V6 is connected by Ethernet or power line. A second box Tivo/V6 can connect via Wifi.

Wifi reception can be variable for all sorts of reasons, thus VM's recommendations. Some people have no problems with wifi on both boxes. which is great. Those that do can't blame VM if they don't follow their recommendations.

Because of the nature of wifi, some people may require both boxes connected via Ethernet or power line
I keep seeing ethernet or powerline. Before the box was launched, on the official Virgin Media forums the staff were stating that power lines were the 3rd option behind wifi and ethernet. Now I understand ethernet being the preferred option, that's been the case for years on any device. But everything I've officially heard has powerlines as the 3rd option and links such as this don't mention powerlines. https://my.virginmedia.com/content/d...V6_only_d8.pdf

I don't subscribe to this you can't blame Virgin if you're using wifi. If it's offered and been allowed to use to stream between V6 boxes then surely they need to take some responsibility. For what it's worth since changing to the 5Ghz mode on the network settings then the two V6 boxes have worked flawlessly on wifi.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote