View Single Post
Old 15-01-2017, 14:03   #2667
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cress11 View Post
HI,

After a bit of research, a bit more detail around my specific question:

I would like to watch content from my Tivo V6 box in 2 different rooms. I achieved this with my old Tivo box using the scart out and a RF modulator over coax.

I'm now looking at the ESYNIC HDMI Extender and ESYNIC HDMI splitter (The V6 has only one HDMI port) . The two TVs are connected via Cat 5 or Cat 6 (I don't know how to tell the difference, but it was fitted in late 2011) via a gigabit switch.

Given the specification I have noted above, do you imagine this will work well? If the gigabit switch is and issue, I could connect directly using a coupler - what do you think?

FYI: I have tested the connection by temporarily moving a second Tivo box to one of the rooms I'm working on. By linking the two boxes over my network (via the gigabit switch) I can stream full1080p recorded content between the two boxes.

Any thoughts or ideas appreciated......
Exactly the set up I have had for around 4 years on my TiVo and works well.

The only difference is my HDMI extender doesn't need power but does need two Cat 5/6 cables the same length to work. Probably all that was available without spending a fortune at the time. I also need to use an IR sender for the remote to work in the other room.

I'm looking to use the same setup when I eventually order a V6, should work the same with the added bonus of ditching the IR sender due to the V6 remote being RF
Joedm45 is offline   Reply With Quote