View Single Post
Old 13-01-2017, 08:07   #1074
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: The future for linear TV channels

http://advanced-television.com/2017/...the-beginning/

What this says to me is that the global operators such as Netflix and Amazon will suck up a lot of the available content, leaving the terrestrial channels with little but their own content and 'well worn' older material and the less populat dregs of new material to offer their viewers.

Sadly, this points to more exclusivity of much wanted content, meaning we will still have to take out multiple subscriptions to view the programmes we want to see.

The article also implies to me that the terrestrials are going to have to up their game considerably in order to survive. I think the BBC and Channel 4 are well placed to take on this challenge. Not quite sure how ITV will fare, but it does seem to be heading in the right direction now.

Last edited by OLD BOY; 13-01-2017 at 09:38.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote