View Single Post
Old 20-12-2016, 11:00   #2480
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwarfofpoison View Post
My anecdotal findings are a little different.

0-10 feet = Great signal with the remote working well in any direction.
10-15 = Still decent but a little less responsive.
15-20 = The remote seems to be pushing its limits and behaves much like an IR remote, needs a little pointing!

The RF TiVo remote fails to work behind a closed door 5 feet away where as my RF light switch has no trouble 25 feet away and in the next room.The TiVo RF signal won't even pass through the palm of your hand.
I suspect your remote is working on IR, not RF. I've just taken a V6 remote down to the other end of the building (about 100 feet and through 4 walls) and it still works fine.

To reset your remote, reboot the V6 and wait until the HOME screen is displayed. Then press and hold TV + Clear until you get a green light on top of the remote.
Press Thumbs Down 3 times, then press OK twice. When you next press a button, the remote will pair with the V6 again.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote