View Single Post
Old 16-12-2016, 00:34   #2412
PtolemyIV
cf.member

PtolemyIV is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon60 View Post
I run a site to site VPN using a Draytek 2925n. I let the installer setup the Hub 3 as he normally would (in router mode) and he connected the TiVo V6 to the Hub wirelessly. He left after everything was working. I then left it for a few hours and then logged into the Hub 3 to change it to modem mode, I also had to go onto the TiVo V6 and change the wireless network settings.
Thanks - so you are running it behind a vpn now without problems? I spoke to one tech support guy who thought it might be checking for connection to virgin servers and vpn would be a problem.. what speed do you get through vpn and is it workable for the v6 to stream iplayer/netflix?

I am thinking my own personal issue had nothing to do with my router now though - I actually resorted to putting modem back in router mode and, alas, still it says on demand and catch up are unavailable and half the apps are showing no logos or not working. Internet connection definitely is working though and I can stream if going via iplayer or netflix manually... trying to force it re-download through "connect to virgin media service" and full reset of the box arent fixing it either

Only thing I can find that seems wrong is if i do a network connection test the port configuration takes a while and then says 'failed' - but if there were certain ports that need opening you'd have thought virgin would publicise it or have them default opened on their own hub!
PtolemyIV is offline   Reply With Quote