View Single Post
Old 08-12-2016, 11:57   #2098
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabaal View Post
If you need the extra tuners it provides or just want a faster box than you have just now then sure. It's not going to offer you anything in the way of 4K that you don't already have though as your TV will have Netflix built in anyway.

Will it be nice to have? Of course. The question is whether it's worth £65, or in my case as i'm not on a top tier package £115. Personally i don't think so and will be waiting until i can get it free when they do the bi-yearly subscription fee raise in a few months.
I agree mate. The V6 is for the future. It has some nice features that will help now, but if cost is a factor then definitely worth waiting.

Of course if you don't yet have a 4k UHD TV, then 4K you tube and Netflix won't be used anyway.

I'm not sure if the current Tivo comes with an installation charge, but for the same monthly Tivo price, £65 for me wasn't too bad.
Ultimate.Conj is offline   Reply With Quote