View Single Post
Old 08-12-2016, 00:04   #3084
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Post-Brexit Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramrod View Post
Yep, when I'm playing a high stakes game of poker I always show my cards to the audience so that they can discuss my hand within earshot of the other players
That's interesting but not particularly relevant here. The EU knows the cards that we hold; all the information about imports, exports, payments to the EU, EU nationals working in the UK, British soldiers deployed in Eastern Europe etc; it's all there in the public domain.
We know the EU needs time to get decisions from its 27 members so I cannot see the big deal in revealing what the UK Government wants, especially when the clock is ticking against us. I fear it's just been stalling by the UK Government whilst it seeks to get its own internal consensus and get a plan together. Why else wait so long?

---------- Post added at 00:04 ---------- Previous post was at 00:01 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Motion passed easily. http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/12...-50-end-march/

There is never any threat of Brexit being overturned by Parliament. Look how comfortable that majority is. May should just allow a vote on Article 50 and recognise the importance of Parliament.
Agreed. May's a politician's politician but has strong tendencies to over-control things. I think that's why this lamentable situation has arisen when she could simply have put it to a vote in Parliament and won it hands-down.

Last edited by 1andrew1; 08-12-2016 at 00:12.