View Single Post
Old 04-12-2016, 12:07   #1841
trevrpb
WeatherManTrev

Services: ultimate oomph bundle M500
trevrpb is just really nicetrevrpb is just really nicetrevrpb is just really nicetrevrpb is just really nicetrevrpb is just really nicetrevrpb is just really nice
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
The IEC (coax) connector is the cable input. There's an external adaptor to allow a F cable to be connected.

The SCART socket is not enabled on the VM boxes.

Both are like this because the same box will be used elsewhere in Europe, where they don't use F connectors, and HDMI is not commonplace.
SCART not enabled ? First I've read of that...other blurb has used phrases like '...a SCART output to be able to connect to 'older' TVs.....' ?

I don't use the SCART for output to TV, but I do use SCART output for picture and sound output to my PC

I will have to have a thought about that then if it really is not enabled

TrevP

---------- Post added at 12:07 ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
The most I have had on the go at once is 4 recordings at the same time (one via my DVD recorder) but even then I had to use a timeshift channel and a repeated episode on another day to avoid clashes.

Six tuners for me is perfect (but only because I have now bought a DVD player/HDD recorder with two tuners!).
I often get clashes...having a wide range of interests, there are often times i have jog things about between 8pm and 11pm. So 6 tuners is an excellent option for me. One of main reasons for getting one to add to my existing 2 TiVos

TrevP
trevrpb is offline   Reply With Quote