View Single Post
Old 30-11-2016, 12:33   #1562
RB2004
Inactive

Services: Services: 200 Mbit Gamer on Hub 3, 3x Arris V6 Boxes, CISCO V HD, VIP Package
RB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate.Conj View Post
TO be fair on VM, I've only had 1 Tivo box fail, my V+HD and VHD boxes have all worked faultlessly. The only niggle I have is the speed of the Tivo, but that's for everyone.

Hopefully V6 is just as reliable.
I never hardly had any boxes fail originally.

I was always an early adopter and got brand new boxes which lasted years.

like ive got 3x TiVo boxes at the moment, 2 are the exact same boxes I have had since 2012.

But end of last year the one in lounge failed, it was replaced via self install. it was a refurb box.

It lasted 6 months then hard drive failed in it, VM refused to send me another self install because they implied it was suspicious it hadn't lasted long.

They came out, found nothing suspicious and replaced it... and ever since this new box also has an iffy hard drive, it keeps clicking away. so just expecting 1 day to wake up and find it dead then go through the arguments again about whether its a dud refurb box or if its something they think ive done.

But the V+ boxes, I had the silver original one from day 1 and still have it boxed up as it was replaced. and the 2nd black one I took failed once and was replaced by TiVo early on after TiVo launch as an upsell.

Just have never had issues with new boxes really, but this TiVo box im now on number 3 and its iffy... only thing is the last 2 have been refurbs rather than new.
RB2004 is offline   Reply With Quote