View Single Post
Old 27-11-2016, 04:02   #6764
bubblegun
cf.addict

Services: Virgin TV 360 Virgin 500Mb FTTP -AX86+AC86U AIMesh - O2 Mobile
bubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nice
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Here's a trip down memory lane.

Can anyone remember when you could get just SKY Sports 1 & 2, both channels for about £21.00, if you didn't want to pay extra for the full collection of SKY Sports channels? I seem to remember having this in the past with Virgin Media but they stopped it about 5 or 6 years ago? I also seem to remember at some point if you had this deal SKY Sports 3 and 4 got thrown in at no additional cost.

Can someone verify this or is it just my mind playing tricks? Why did they stop it?
Sky customers can get Sports 1 & 5 for a £13.50 per month saving, eg if they only watch English football as this will give (almost) every match.
They can also get Sports 2 & 5 if they prefer cricket with lesser football like Scottish games.
WWE fans can also save with this as almost all WWE is now on Sports 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by telegramsam View Post
I remember it as you could subscribe to either Sky Sports 1 & 3, Sky Sports 2 & 4 or all 4 . As all the football was on either 1 or 3 those days us football fans had to take all 4 if you didn't want to miss out on any live games.
Looking at above it's not so different now for Sky customers.

I'm not so sure about your memory.

I thought it was that you got Sports 3 for free with either Sports 1 or 2.
Then Sports 4 came free with both.

Sports 5 was added a few years ago to gauge support for Champions League in its final year.

Sports Xtra was made internet only too at some point.
It was originally a channel.

Last edited by bubblegun; 27-11-2016 at 04:08.
bubblegun is offline   Reply With Quote