View Single Post
Old 22-11-2016, 09:36   #1314
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Don't forget that many people will want a V6 for other reasons than 4k; it's faster, has 6 tuners and tablet streaming etc. 4k TVs are still a minority across TV ownership.

Scart won't pass HD. It is still useful for old equipment but is being killed off by the industry.

I agree on the 4k bit; have posted similar articles myself. But HDR is worth it and only available on 4k TVs.
But why pay for a premium box and/or a premium TV package to only be able to watch SD channels? Just because the new box is faster and you can record a million hours of blurry SD programmes.

To get the best value out of the V6 you need a 4K tv connected by HDMI cable, not some chonky tv connected by SCART. I understand not everyone will have a 4K tv yet, but as a minimum you need a HD tv which are out there in abundance.

The point I'm trying to make is about getting the most out of the v6, not about what people can/cannot afford.

You wouldn't buy a Blu-ray player just to play normal DVDs.. The same applies to the V6.

Last edited by Ultimate.Conj; 22-11-2016 at 09:44.
Ultimate.Conj is offline   Reply With Quote