View Single Post
Old 17-11-2016, 16:42   #1211
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Well, the engineer has just left.

The Screen started with a TiVo welcome in various foreign languages, not sure if this is VM being ultra PC or if this shows that the box and/or software aren't exclusive to VM in the UK.

He initially said that the system would not work because my TiVo needs to be near to my router.

I then said that i'd read that Powerlines would be provided in case of this, which he had no knowledge about.

I then said that I thought it would work on WiFi, like my Smart TV. He then admitted that he'd had no training on the V6 and it was the first time he'd installed one and that VM hadn't given him any training on it!

We eventually got it to work on WiFi (but he did say that it would work better if I installed Powerlines).

It then went through a 'TV speed test'. Don't know what that means, possibly the signal from the router, or a reminder that it shouldn't be running slow like my old box??

After he left, an on screen box covered part of the picture saying to call 150 as there was a problem with my account!

I went back to the screen that shows any downloads taking place and it was still (slowly) downloading something. After waiting until it had finished, the message no longer appeared on the screen about my account, so I assume that it needed to know what package I was on to know which channels to grant access to.

Now the EPG is greyed out (apart from the FTA channels) and the on-screen message has reappeared, so I'm going to call 150.

Edit: And so another VM farce begins:

1) Gave all my details, password etc. First line faults can't help me because second line faults deal with all V6 problems.

2) Put on hold in a queue. Had to give all my details again. Second line faults say they cannot help me and will put me through to CS as it is they that need to "enter the codes and Mac address on the Q screen".

3) Put back in a queue. Had to give all my details a third time. CS say they cannot help me and put me back through to faults!

4) Put back in a queue. Gave my details for a fourth time and explained that my patience was wearing thin.

Faults don't know the Mac code and ask me to look on the back of the TiVo to find it out. Luckily my carer had just arrived and looked, there wasn't a Mac code at the back, but there was one at the bottom.

5) Now being kept on hold for ages whilst they "talk with the technical team" to "try and get it all sorted out" as the V6 "doesn't appear on my account".

I guess that this also means that I won't be able to transfer across my Series Links etc.

Even with the limited functionality, it's working instantaneously when recording, channel surfing etc.

After a 10 minute hold, got told that the engineer will call me within the hour as he will have to come back to let them know the Mac number (the Mac number that I had already just provided).

I've taken time off work and all that has been achieved is the ability to quickly access a few FTA SD channels with no VOD services at all.

I can feel another complaint coming on...
It's worrying they are sending out untrained engineers, to install a box they aren't trained on, then -mod edit-you around call center to call center not helping you at all wasters

Last edited by Stephen; 18-11-2016 at 08:07. Reason: Language
Ddonald2016 is offline   Reply With Quote