View Single Post
Old 03-11-2016, 23:40   #949
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I think people expecting a total overhaul are going to be rather gutted. It is simply a new smaller faster STB running the same software with a few added extras like built in WiFi, a bluetooth remote and possible streaming to tablets.

It still sounds like it can't compete with Sky Q at all in terms of features. ie the WiFi boosting of all boxes and built in powerline. Soon to be enabled voice searching as well. Also its still only 1Tb which says to me 4K will be limited to On demand and Netflix/YouTube.

Let's see: Much faster, 6 tuners, streams to tablets (for those who need that). Works for me.

Same interface as the current Tivo; not a problem for me; I'm no longer six years old and need pretty pictures! This interface will eventually be replaced by the Horizon interface, so why waste money designing a new Tivo one?

Voice search; I have that on my Amazon FTV and never use it; nice, but hardly essential.

I agree on the hard disc size, but isn't a 2tb version rumoured? The biggest problem is not moving completely to mpeg4
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote