View Single Post
Old 20-10-2016, 11:35   #2133
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Post-Brexit Thread

How will our economy and quality of life improve being shackled to the EU and all it's massive problems? How long will it take for that to get sorted out? Just interested in why some people seem to be unable to see just how bad things over there are and why they'd want to be part of it.

It's all very well having doubts about the UK's economy but where's the EU heading?

---------- Post added at 11:35 ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
Dislike and mistrust of the EU is not a uniquely british thing nor is the desire to leave by growing numbers in many EU states people have had enough. They are tired of badly thought out and implemented expansion, they are tired of the EU's inability to respond rapidly to changing circumstances and the real effect they have on the citizenry. Right now the EU is hanging by a thread and it's continuing to fray so the way some talk as though our exit negotiations are a case of us having to take what the EU offers is rubbish.

Whilst there may be some brexit supporters that were stupid enough to believe it was all going to be painless and we'd get everything we wanted i very much doubt they represent even a minority of the total that voted to leave. Nor do i believe a large number of leave voters did so because of the campaign run by vote leave it was a complete shambles bordering on comedy at best and pathetic at worst. Most people voted leave because of their own experiences of being in the EU club my vote was decided before the campaigns started and i did my best to avoid the campaigns. I didn't trust a word out of Boris's mouth as it was clear the nations best interest wasn't his primary concern, but this ripping each other apart has to stop and both sides need to grow up and start respecting each other and stop tryingvto constantly insult or belittle each other.

In or out of the EU the UK was going to face problems which one will cause greater damage longterm none of us know for certain there are no experts on this because this hasn't happened before and no one really believed the vote woukd be to leave which is the main reason remain lost. My biggest reason if i had to pick just one for why i voted leave was because i mistrust the EU they don't tell the truth about where the grand plan ends and rarely divulge muchbof any substance unless they have no choice.

It's time to come together get behind the process and work together to make the best of it that we can for the good of the country and ourselves as right now the fractious infighting is doing positive and achieving nothing at all. The know it alls on both sides need to step back and let things calm down so we can proceed in a better way.
Amen to that and if the EU is so unwilling to compromise as a result of something as important as this why on Earth would anyone want to be stuck with that? Why would anyone have any faith in where the EU's going? Someone please tell me why we should have confidence in the Eurocrats and their single-minded vision of the future?

Last edited by Osem; 20-10-2016 at 11:48.